Sunday 5 April 2020

Crete Diorama

After experimenting with building some olive trees this weekend for the Crete-themed table (and armies) that I am working on, I thought I would take a few photos to showcase how far I have got.

A full platoon of Fallschirmjagers (with support weapons and a DFS230 glider) are painted; I've made a good start on some Gebirgsjager to reinforce them and just made a start on some Allied forces to oppose the landings. I have also made a start on some of the terrain, including olive trees which are featured in some of these photos.

The FJ fan out from their crashed DFS230 and meet some resistance from the British who are dug in in an olive grove...







Whilst being outnumbered and outgunned at this early stage of the battle, the Brits put up a valiant fight until reinforcements can be brought forward...




Within minutes, the British bring forward a Mk VI to provide some relief and push the Germans back into cover...


Sensing that this is a critical point in the battle, the Fallschirmjager Leutnant leads his troops forward to bypass the Allied light armour.





 

A small unit of Gebirgsjager, alerted by the sound of gunfire, rush down the hillside towards their comrades...





The Fallschirmjager rush towards the battle and get some of their support weapons set up...




The British aim to hold their thin line...




In this sector, the British are outnumbered and fall back, leaving the Germans to consolidate and expand their defensive perimeter...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...