Sunday 9 February 2020

Fallschirmjager uniform colour references

I have just about finished painting the last few miniatures for my Fallschirmjager platoon, but thought I would post up some photos of a book that used as source material. The book these pages come from is called German Soldiers of World War Two and features detailed photographs of models wearing actual uniforms, so is great for matching colours to when painting.





Here are the last 5 off the painting table with their highlights done.




I'm not that happy with them for three reasons:
  1. I couldn't remember the colours that I used when I painted the rest of the platoon, so they don't quite match the "old" ones
  2. My painting skills, which were never that good, seem to have deteriorated
  3. My eyesight has certainly deteriorated since I last picked up a paint brush over a year ago, so I'm struggling to see the finer level of detail needed to apply a quality paint job.

Anyway, here are a few shots of the FJs from the original platoon. I am reasonably pleased with these. Comments welcome!



Miniatures always look better when displayed against some wargaming terrain, so here are a couple of shots of my FJ platoon on my Crete table:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...