Sunday 19 January 2020

Painting the remnants of my Fallschirmjager

Finishing off the FJs

I painted a platoon of FJ from Great Escape Games, which are a mixture of Artizan Designs models and Wargames Foundry, last Christmas (2018), but for some reason left 5 models on the lead mountain. I picked them up a couple of days ago and thought that I would finish them off.

Here are a couple of pics of some of the finished models.





Here are the work-in-progress models with just some of the base colours blocked in so far.



One thing that I have really noticed in the intervening 12 months is that my eyesight and my memory have both deteriorated significantly! For the life of me, I cannot remember the original colours that I used for the completed models; and secondly, I'm really struggling to see the detail when painting.  I borrowed my son's magnifying glass yesterday evening and looked at the 5 guys I am trying to paint. ;-(  It looks like a trip to Specsavers is in order to get some reading glasses.

2 comments:

  1. Nice looking early FJs there. Top tip... if you list your paint colours into a blog post about the models, in the future you can look back and determine what paints you used for the project. I've found it helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. Definitely going to do that because I can't match the paint colours of the last 5 minis to the rest of the platoon. I thought I had done a base colour of Vallejo Russian Green for the jump smocks with Vallejo Green Grey highlights, but...nope!

    ReplyDelete

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...