Saturday 18 January 2020

Winter Table - Part 2

Preparing the Foam

Where the foam sheets joined, there were some ugly, straight joins, so I used a large tub of cheap wall filler from B&Q and liberally pasted it over and into the cracks.


The foam is quite a high density, so using a craft knife I gouged out some craters (for infantry to take cover in) and also gouged out some other bumps and dips in the terrain to make it a bit more interesting on the eye.


I used one of the spare sheets of foamboard and carved off some thin chunks and glued these in place using PVA to create some higher points on the table.


Once I had filled in all the cracks and created some variations to make the whole table less flat, it was time to start painting. To make the whole table look a bit neater, I slapped on some black gloss paint (again, liberated from the stuff left in the garage!).



Next job...start putting on a base coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...