Saturday 15 August 2020

Reference photos for building a terraced hillside

Another terrain piece that I am about to make a start on for my Mediterranean-themed table will be a large hillside with terraces cut into it.

Here are a few reference photos from my library of the sort of effect that I want to achieve. I'll post back here soon once I have a made a start on it.





EDIT: I have now completed building this terrain piece, which you can read about here.

EDIT: I've just found the perfect reference photos on the road north of Stylos in Crete. It's a bit too late because I have finished this project, but these photos show exactly what I was hoping to achieve. 




2 comments:

  1. An interest but common terrain piece. I will be interested in seeing how you end up tackling it. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Although it would be more satisfying to do one of these walls in 1/56 I should really do one in 1/1 scale in my front yard.

    ReplyDelete

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...