Tuesday 15 December 2020

New 28mm Bulgarian Infantry

I've recently been reading more about, and therefore getting into, the war (WWII, of course) in the Balkan region. I've started collecting an early war German panzer division and think that the opposition that I will pit against them first will probably be Greeks.

Does the Crete campaign (Operation Mercury) count as early war, or is it straying into being mid-war?  Either way, I've already got a good sized force of German Fallschirmjager and Gebirgsjager as the invading force and a small, but growing, band of Allies and some partisans to oppose the invasion. I've got Indians and DAK for North Africa too. I've always fancied gaming Syria in 1941, but back to the Balkans first...

My good friend, Stuart, from Great Escape Games has provided me with a couple of pre-production samples of GEG's forthcoming Bulgarian range to paint up. Here's what two of the riflemen look like based and under-coated. Check back soon for progress updates on the painting.



They have just closed a "GEGstarter" (a sort of kickstarter type thing) with an initial commitment to produce 40 miniatures. I can't wait!

UPDATE: I have now painted the minis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...