Wednesday 25 August 2021

Back to the hobby...building a wreck

Due to the abatement of the Covid lockdown rules, I've had a few months away from the hobby and been getting outdoors as much as possible, visiting friends and family, going out for meals, having one or two games of Iron Cross and generally trying to make the most of "real life".

However, after a bit of a break, I've decided to come back with a bit of tank modelling. I have fancied creating a burnt-out tank as a terrain piece for a while now, so thought that I would give that a crack. It also coincides with getting my 12 year interested in putting together models; he built his first kit last week (a Revell Star Wars Star Destroyer) and is now itching to make more, so I feel like I have accomplished something already.

I purchased a platoon of Panzers from Rubicon earlier this year and built an army for Iron Cross around them, so thought that I would create a wrecked Panzer III to place on the same gaming table. I think that I might also add a load of German casualty figures from Great Escape Games, some dead horses and a wrecked horse-drawn wagon to a series of diorama/terrain pieces.

I've started with a new Rubicon Panzer III kit and intend to assemble it in a part-destroyed state, but then paint it as a burnt-out wreck.

This is the sort of effect that I intend to replicate:





I'll post up some photos of the work-in-progress as I go.

Update 27th August: I've posted up some WIP progress shots up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...