Thursday 16 September 2021

Rubicon SdKfz.222 / 223 Kit Build

I've started creating another couple of models to act in a reconnaissance role for games of Iron Cross. I completed a SdKfz.253 last week and have now assembled and undercoated a pair of scout cars.

These are both from the same Rubicon kit, which, as per many of their kits, gives multiple build options. I have built a standard 222 (with 2cm autocannon) and a 223 (with the bed-frame antenna). I have added a bit of extra stowage from my bits box.




I will be painting them in dunkelgrau and using oil paints to burnish the metal hulls, but want to experiment a bit more with weathering powders/pigments. Panzermeister36 has some great video tutorials on Youtube, which I have been watching, demonstrating the various techniques that I will be using (far better than I can explain and with better results!)

More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...