Wednesday 22 December 2021

Panzer IVs

 I've been slowly building and painting a couple of Panzer IVs for use in either Italy (with field applied camo) or North West Europe. I didn't take any in-progress shots, but here are the finished articles. I say finished...I've been debating with myself for about the last 10 days whether to apply some weathering powder to the tracks and wheels to make them look a bit more dusty. The varnish looks a lot shinier in the photos that IRL too, so a bit of dust would help with that.





I will be starting a Wirbelwind next and have ordered a Jagdpanther and a platoon of Shermans (3 x M4A4 and a Firefly).  All Rubicon models.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice- love the wear and tear. I suppose that given the weathering on the body of the tank, some debris/grime/dust would not look amiss on the tracks and undercarriage but it does look good as is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Codsticker...you were right, so I've gone back and added some suitable dirt and dust to the tracks. I've moved onto the Wirbelwind now and also started a Jagdpanther at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...