Friday 8 October 2021

Ambushed supply wagon, Part #2

A quick progress update on the ambushed supply wagon terrain-piece: I have cut an MDF base using my scroll saw and chamfered the edges with an angle grinder (kids, check with your Mum before attempting to use!). Here's the latest stage, with the miniatures glued to the base and the wagon loaded with supplies.

After cleaning up the flash on the metal miniatures and assembling the 4ground wagon, then loading it with various boxes and crates, everything was glued onto the MDF base. I had pre-primed this, and let it dry, with diluted PVA. This helps prevent the base from warping later on once paint has been added to it.



Once the superglue had dried, I used a small spatula to paste on some cheap, ready-mix wall filler.


Then I sprinkled some sand and fine grit onto the still-wet filler and left it to dry.

When it has fully dried, I will start putting some paint onto the base to seal the sand and provide the base colour.


2 comments:

Nuenen House #3 Finished?

I thought that I had finished this first house in my Band of Brothers project, but after looking at it on my painting table for the last few...